2019 Speak Your Vision Speech Contest is Complete
See you all again next year!
Past Competition Details Below:
Who: Students from 2nd to 10th grade are welcome to join
Date: Jan 27, 2019 (Completed)
Time: 9:30 AM - 5:30 PM
Location: Carolyn Clark Elementary School: 3701 Rue Mirassou, San Jose, CA 95148
No experience is required. This is a great opportunity for kids to improve their public speaking skills. Participants will prepare a speech ahead of time on one of the three topics below. Everyone will be given the chance to present at least two times and will receive feedback from experienced judges on their speech.
Contest Day Details
|Check-In||9:30 AM - 10:00 AM|
|Preliminary Rounds||10:00 AM - 12:30 PM|
|Lunch Break||12:30 PM - 1:00 PM|
|Final Rounds||1:00 PM - 3:00 PM|
- We will provide direction to the rooms for the speeches on the day of the contest at a registration desk at the front of campus
- Each participant will present their speech two times during the preliminary rounds
- A few participants, selected by the judges, will advance to the final rounds
- Parents will be able to watch all rounds
- A concession stand will be available to buy lunch, snacks, and drinks throughout the day.
Speech TopicsParticipants must select one of the following topics to prepare a speech on ahead of time:
- What qualities or personal traits do you think that the people in this world should develop more of? Why?
- If I ruled the world . . .
- The most important lesson of my life so far is . . .
- Speech Organization
- Speech Length
- Group A (2nd - 4th grade): 2-3 mins
- Group B (5th - 6th grade): 3-4 mins
- Group C (7th - 10th grade): 3-5 mins
- No props allowed
- Notecards are allowed but memorization helps with a better delivery score
- Speech must be about one of the three topics
- Grace period is 30 seconds
- Participants will receive penalties for every 30 seconds past grace period
- Speeches must be original
- Contestants must deliver the same speech in all rounds
- No Prompting from the audience is allowed